10 Weight Loss Tips
Burn more calories than you consume. If this makes you go: “D-uuuh!!”, snap out of it and consider that this elementary aspect of dieting excapes countless clueless — and doomed — dieters. Tabloids may claim to have the “miracle foods” that’ll allow you to eat like a pig and have the pounds melt off, but it’s a load……….
1. Burn more calories than you consume. If this makes you go: “D-uuuh!!”, snap out of it and consider that this elementary aspect of dieting excapes countless clueless — and doomed — dieters. Tabloids may claim to have the “miracle foods” that’ll allow you to eat like a pig and have the pounds melt off, but it’s a load.
2. Establish your base metabolism, and set a target calorie goal approx. 500 calories below it. I wrote an article dedicated to establishing your metabolism earlier, so look it up in the article archive if you need a refresher.
3. Keep an honest log. Make estimates of how many calories you stuff yourself with every meal and tally up the total to make sure you stay within your target calorie goal. Convenient “mistakes,” under-estimates and forgetfulness allows you to eat more now, but you’re defeating the whole point of dieting.
4. Actively choose good sources of fat. This may sound like stupid advice — shouldn’t you AVOID fat when dieting? Well, yes and no. You have to keep consuming some fat, just not going overboard. Avoid butter, bacon, whole milk, coconuts and such like the plague. Instead, make use of olive oil (virgin) and fatty fish. Peanut butter is an interesting topic. I used to put it in the same category as the “bad” fats. It belongs there, packing saturated fat as well as artery-clogging trans fatty acids. However, based on highly unscientific testimonies by others as well as personal experience, it seems like a handful of peanuts once in a while when dieting can do wonders in keeping energy levels up while not wreaking havoc with your overall diet. Strange and illogical? You betcha. But it just so happens to work anyway, kind of like bumblebees flying though they technically shouldn’t be able to.
5. Eat small but frequent meals throughout the day. You’ve heard it a million times, I’m sure, but facts remain: In order to keep an even level of blood sugar, you have to eat small, balanced meals.
6. Don’t go wimpy on the weight training. When you diet, you’re in the danger zone for losing muscle mass most of the time. To avoid this, keeping pumping iron, and be diligent about it!
7. Avoid alcohol. Given that barbeque-season is upon us, this can be tough when your friends bring out the ice-cold brewskis. The solution is simple: Only associate with other bodybuilders, so you at least won’t be the lone dweeb sipping a diet soda! For those of you who have the ridiculous idea that your life should not revolve around bodybuilding: Snap out of it.
8. Do cardio in moderation. Doing 45 mins on the stairmaster every day is a great way to get the pounds off quicker. 2 hours is not so great, since you’re bound to start losing muscle mass. When and how much is individual (and depending on what you’ve had to eat earlier in the day) but avoid cardio sessions in excess of 1 hour. If you need the punishment do one session in the morning and one in the evening. Also remember to stay in the 65%-70% heart rate zone for optimal fat burn.
9. Schedule “cheating” days to stay sane. Dieting is no fun. No matter how gung-ho and motivated you are when you start out, you’ll have days when everything is darkness and the world is out to get you. Make sure to get a treat once a week on a set day (Saturday is good) as it gives you something to look forward to. A juicy burger is fatty and calorie-dense, but if you prepare by doing extra cardio for three days in advance you’ll come in right on target for the week.
10. Don’t be afraid of soy. I used to avoid fake-meat products, but having been married to a vegetarian for 3+ years I’ve tried soy hot dogs, burgers, chicken patties, even riblets that taste just like the real thing. And here’s the kicker: Soy products is mostly protein! Granted, soy protein is not the highest quality out there, but if you drink a glass of milk or have some other high-quality protein source with it you can bump up the overall quality in a hurry. Besides, soy has a number of great health benefits when eaten in moderation and contains very little fat.
Would love to receive any comments! Thanks In Advance!
Soaring2Success, Dr Vanessa 469-315-7400 www.TheWeightLossCafe4Ever.org
I have been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this sort of
space . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this website.
Reading this information So i’m glad to convey that I’ve
an incredibly good uncanny feeling I found out just what I
needed. I such a lot no doubt will make sure to don?t put
out of your mind this website and give it a glance regularly.
Thanks so much for your positive comments. So glad you found the article helpful!
What’s up, after reading this amazing paragraph i am also delighted to share my know-how here with colleagues.
Sorry I missed seeing this originally. Thanks so much for your kind comments. Hope you visit again soon! Thanks Again!
nice to be here weightlosscafe4ever.com admin found your site via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://get-massive-web-traffic.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://get-massive-web-traffic.com
To your success your friend
Thanks so much for visiting our blog and giving your suggestions. Wishing you much success also!
Thanks Again! Have a blessed week as we say ‘Happy 237th Birthday’ to America!!
I just want to mention I am all new to weblog and definitely enjoyed your web site. Likely I’m planning to bookmark your website . You definitely have exceptional articles and reviews. Bless you for revealing your web site.
Hi Melodie! Thanks for your very kind comments. I also am a newbie and just love to write and teach — so I just hopped out here and am determined to be helpful and informative to all our readers! Appreciate you taking the time to read our articles. Thanks again and have a blessed week!
hanks for visiting our website. Appreciate your suggestions for traffic. We are also working with some software that is beginning to bring success. Thanks again and have a blessed week!
Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular article! It’s the little changes that will make the greatest changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!
Thanks so much for your comments. Hopefully next time you will give us comments on our articles. Thanks again and have a blessed week!
Good post! We will be linking to this particularly great post on our website. Keep up the good writing.
Thanks so much for your encouraging comments. Makes the effort all worthwhile. Again, thanks so much and have a blessed weekend!
A fascinating discussion is worth comment. I do believe that you should publish more about this topic, it may not be a taboo matter but generally people do not talk about these topics. To the next! Cheers!!
Thanks so much for your very encouraging comments. We will definitely consider writing more about this in the future. Your interest certainly makes the effort worthwhile. Again, thanks so much and have a blessed weekend!
Many of the comments on this blog site dont make sense.
Thanks for visiting our blog. Hopefully you enjoyed our articles and will comment of those next time. Again, thanks so much and have a blessed weekend!
I Am Going To have to return again whenever my course load lets up – nevertheless I am getting your Rss feed so i could go through your internet site offline. Thanks.
This is often a excellent website, could you be interested in making time for an interview regarding just how you designed it? If so e-mail myself!
Brilliant, thank you, I will subscribe to you RSS now.
Thanks so much for positive comments! Makes the effort all worthwhile. Again, thanks so much and you have a blessed weekend!
It appears to me that this web site doesnt load up in a Motorola Droid. Are other people getting the same problem? I like this site and dont want to have to miss it any time Im gone from my computer.
Thanks so much for visiting our blog. Thanks for letting me know about your challenge with downloading on your Motorala Droid. We passed it on to our webmaster! Sorry about any inconvenience it may have caused. Again, thanks so much and you have a blessed weekend!
Thanks so much for visiting our blog. We use GoDaddy as our host. Again, thanks so much and you have a blessed weekend!
Have you thought about adding some relevant links to your article? I think it will really enhance everyones understanding.
Thanks so much for visiting our blog. Appreciate your suggestions. We did later include links in our article and list reference links in our last article. Thanks again for your input and you have a blessed weekend!
Howdy! I simply would like to give you a huge thumbs up for your great information you have here on this post. I am returning to your web site for more soon.
Amazing article, cheers, I will visit again soon!
I went over this website and I conceive you have a lot of wonderful info , bookmarked (:.
I love it when people come together and share thoughts. Great website, continue the good work!
Thanks for this blog. It’s fantastic.
Incredibly well-written blog.
Outstanding post, I think blog owners need to larn a good deal from this blog its truly user genial .
Incredibly well-written blog.
Really Appreciate this article, can I set it up so I get an update sent in an email when you publish a new update?
I like this post, enjoyed this one thankyou for posting .
I valued this information, completely helpful. Thankfully!!
There is a lot of information out there. Sorry to hear that yours is being used without your permission. There are so many sites that offer resell privileges. Not sure what you can do to stop having you information being used by others. Maybe you can contact them directly and let them know you do not appreciate it and hopefully you can work an agreement out with them.
For me, it really is all about getting the information out to as many people as possible.
Thanks for commenting and hope to hear from you again!
Thanks for your comments. Will try to be more detailed in the future. Thanks again!
Thanks for your very kind comments. I really do consider this a mission for good health! Thanks again!
Thanks for visiting our blog and giving me SEO suggestion.
Sorry, I do not know how to remove you. Our site is growing fast and I am attempting to respond to all the comments and often use the same thanks. I will ask our webmaster when he returns from vacation next week to look at it. Again, I apology for the inconvenience.